RODENTS (RATS & MICE)
There are 3 main categories of rats/mice namely, Brown Rats, Roof Rats and house mice.
Characteristics of Rodents
- A pair of rats/mice can produce up to 2,000 offsprings a year
- They are highly agile - A mouse can enter a building through a gap of 1cm square with ease
- Rats/mice gnaw through almost everything to sharpen their chisel-like front teeth
- Diseases like Jaundice, Weil's Disease and plague.
- Initially we will set up bait stations at strategic positions. Tracking powder would be deployed to monitor their movement and implementation of rodent proofing after evaluation.
- Our rat baits are impregnated with our special anti-coagulant rodenticides. It is coloured red for easy identification.
- We will check the baits and replenish the soiled baits as well as set up additional bait stations if the need arises.
- For open areas like outdoor areas, outdoor exhibition and surrounding areas, all weather wax cube baits will be placed.
- Other methods like the placing of dust and gel will be put into use if it is necessary.