Characteristics of Mosquitoes
- Breeds in stagnant water for a week
- Flying range of a few kilometres
- Can be both diurnal and nocturnal
- Seek their prey by the exhaled carbon dioxide and the warmth of the victims bodies
- An anticoagulant is injected into the victim's blood vessel to prevent the blood from clotting when the proboscis is sucking blood. This will cause red spots and itches.
- Carry diseases like Malaria (Anopheles mosquito), Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever (Aedes mosquito) and Japanese B Encephalitis (Culex mosquito).
- Causes nuisance
- Fogging of the compound against adult mosquitoes. Larvicidiry agent is to be placed in any stagnant pond within the compound.