Generally there are 2 types; American Cockroach (Periplaneta Americana) & German Cockroach (Blatella Germanica)
Charecteristics of Cockroaches
- An egg capsule can produce up to 42 nymphs.
- A pair of cockroaches can produce as many as 20,000 offsprings per year under ideal conditions.
- Mostly hiding at places where there is warmth, water and food like for example cracks and crevices, drains near kitchens, rubbish chutes, septic tanks & etc.
- Diseases like Dysentry, Diptheria, Typhoid, Hepatitus & Gastroenteritis
There are a few ways of controlling this pests. The methods are as follows: -
- The main method of controlling cockroaches is by spraying a suitable insecticide to both known and possible breeding and harbourage areas. In this case, a very good insecticide with good knockdown and residual properties will be used. All chemicals used will not stain nor damage beautiful furnishing.
- Dusting can be applied to all dry areas of both known and possible breeding/harbourage areas like AHU, Riser & etc. The cockroaches tend to pick up the dust, and will accidentally ingest the dust through their hassy pads through their grooming habits.
- Gel can also be used as baits to poison the cockroaches, especially the German cockroaches.
- Bait stations will be set up at areas where spraying and dusting are not recommended. The baits will be replenished every treatment.
- Ultra Low Volume mister would also be used in open rooms to ensure thorough penetration of chemicals to the cockroaches harbourage areas.